Monday, July 23, 2012

Back on Blogger


I'm back on Blogger! I like the improvements to Blogger since my migration almost three years ago, such as the new "pages" buttons and the updated templates. Squarespace offers a very capable service, but it's more than I need. If Squarespace is the Ferrari of the build-your-own websites, then Blogger is the Kia -- and I'm the proud owner of a Kia, so that should explain a lot. Bad analogies and all, I'm back on Blogger.

I'm teaching at a new school in the Fall. I'm part of a team that's launching a new middle school (seventh grade this year, and 8th grade next year) in my district. I'll be teaching video production, digital photography, and robotics. We will be starting the year with lots of cool technology, but as excited as I am about the content we will be able to create, I'm even more excited about all the new relationships I get to build with the students and staff.

I just finished reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" at the recommendation of my daughter. I want to appreciate people the way Morrie did, and at the end of my life, I want to be loved like he was. Biggest takeaway: Love each other or perish. 

No comments: