Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Legendary Meeting

July 19, 1969, man landed on the moon. One day later, July 20, man walked on the moon for the first time and my dad got to see it first hand. He got my then 14-day old brother and myself, only a year old, out of our beds, sat us on his knee in front of the TV and told us that when we grow up, we can say that we witnessed the day man first set foot on the moon.

Today, nearly forty years later, my dad, Dr. Gerry Garwood Jr., and my family and I got to meet a legend, Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon. Barnes & Nobles at the Grove in L.A. hosted this book signing event. For my dad, meeting this legendary astronaut was special for several reasons. For one thing, that first moon walk happened on his birthday. Conicidentally, it was also the day he got baptized and publicly professed his faith in Jesus Christ.

About The Book
In Magnificent Desolation, Aldrin recounts his exciting near disastrous lunar landing as well as some of his own personal trials and successes.


No comments: