Monday, March 16, 2009

USB Thumb Drive: Like Being In Westside Story

Compact and sleek, the Store 'n' Go Retractable USB Drive is a stylish way to take your data with you. A convenient capless design allows you to connect to your PC or Mac through a retractable USB connector. Store everything from corporate data files and business presentations to photos, video clips and music, all readily accessible on any computer with a USB port!

I've used this USB drive for about 3 months, and it is still going strong. What's great about this drive is that it's sturdy and reliable. But my favorite thing is its Sharks vs. Jets-style retractable USB connector. OK-- it doesn't snap out automatically like a real switch blade-- and I don't feel any safer carrying in around, but it does lock into position once out. Occasionally, I find myself sliding the connector forward and back humming, "When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarrette to your last dying day..."

I keep it on my key chain, so it goes with me everywhere. I've had horrible luck in the past with USB drives that have caps because I lose them. Without a cap on the end, it's easy to damage the connector, especially if it's in the same pocket with your keys. This is a fantastic drive, and affordable. I bought my 4 GB model for about $17 at Sam's Club. Of course, they come in larger or smaller capacities. The company projects that these drives will operate more than 450 years without failure, which is kind of funny. Imagine your future great, great, great, etc. grandchildren taking Verbatim to court in the year 2409 because their 400+ year old USB drive wouldn't mount.

No comments: