Friday, August 8, 2008

Send and Receive School District E-mail

AddThis Feed ButtonWhen Apple announced iPhone 3G support for Microsoft Exchange, I had no idea how easy it would be to set up and how convenient it would be to use. Now, I'm no longer tethered to my desktop or laptop computer, checking for the latest action item. One five minute call to my school district's IT department and I was reading my corporate e-mail on my iPhone! And it couldn't have come at a better time. Our new principal is an e-mail powerhouse. So, if you're wondering how you can set up Microsoft Exchange on the iPhone 3G, it's quite simple.

On the iPhone, press Settings; then press "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Press "Add Account"; Then touch the Microsoft Exchange logo. If you don't know your username and/or password, you'll need to ask your principal, computer lab tech (if you have one) or the district's IT department. Input your username and password, the same thing you use to retrieve corporate web e-mail. The only information you need from your district's IT department is the server name. If you are part of the Corona-Norco Unified School District (CNUSD), it's: doowa.cnusd.k12.ca.us

You'll be given the option to sync your mail, contacts, and calendar items. I played it safe and only opted to sync my mail. With MobileMe services so new, I didn't want to confuse the system and possibly break things by syncing everything. However, if you're feeling brave, try it for yourself and tell us about it! Good luck!

No comments: